The community of Bankview is located in Calgary’s inner city. It is one of Calgary’s oldest communities. In 1882, William Nimmons, an English immigrant, purchased a half section of land on present day Bankview from the Hudson’s Bay Company to use for ranching and farming. He established the 3-D-Bar Ranch on these lands, and later a sandstone quarry and a theater (the Mount Royal Theatre). During the economic boom of the 1900s, this land was purchased by the city, subdivided in a traditional grid pattern, and residentially developed. Bankview offers panoramic views of Calgary’s downtown.
The boundaries of the community are 17 Avenue to the north, 14 Street to the east, 26 Avenue to the south and 19 Street and 19A Street to the west.
School zones may be adjusted by both the public and or catholic school boards, visit the links above to confirm the most current information
Click here for a breakdown of social statistics for this culturally diverse community, including such details as income, age, marital status and population diversity.