Cliff Bungalow located just steps from the downtown core in Calgary’s southwest and was originally owned by the Canadian Pacific Railway in the 1870s. It was annexed by Calgary between 1906 and 1912. In 1935, the character of the neighbourhood was changed when it was rezoned to permit the building of apartments. Cliff Bungalow is now a mixture of older homes and low level apartment buildings. Cliff Bungalow was established in 1907 although the name “Cliff Bungalow” was not applied until the 1970’s.
The boundaries of the community are 17 Avenue to the north, 4 Street to the east, Elbow River to the south and College Lane, Royal Avenue, Hope Street and Cliff Street escarpment, Hillcrest Avenue, Elbow Drive and 5 Street to the west.
School zones may be adjusted by both the public and or catholic school boards, visit the links above to confirm the most current information
Click here for a breakdown of social statistics for this culturally diverse community, including such details as income, age, marital status and population diversity.