The community of Mission is an inner city community in Southwest Calgary rich with history. In 1883, Fathers Lacombe and Leduc homesteaded two quarter sections of land that included the site of present day Mission. A small French speaking community began to build in the area in the late 1880s. At that time, Mission was referred to as the Village of Rouleauville after Chief Justice Charles B. Rouleau. Despite Lacombe's desire to preserve the French language and culture, Rouleauville progressively lost its French character, becoming overwhelmingly English. In 1907 the village was annexed by Calgary and renamed Mission, in the process all the French names of streets were replaced by Calgary's street numbering system.
The boundaries of the community are 17 Avenue to the north, Macleod Trail and the Elbow River to the east, Elbow River to the south and 4 Street to the west.
School zones may be adjusted by both the public and or catholic school boards, visit the links above to confirm the most current information
Click here for a breakdown of social statistics for this culturally diverse community, including such details as income, age, marital status and population diversity.