Montgomery was originally established in 1911. In 1943, it was renamed to Montgomery, named after Field Marshal Bernard Law Montgomery, a celebrated British military leader who played an important role in WWI and WWII. In 1957, Montgomery incorporated as a town, but changed to village status less than four months later on April 15, 1958. The village was eventually absorbed by the City of Calgary on August 15, 1963 via amalgamation.
Boundaries of the community are 32 Avenue to the north, Shaganappi Trail to the east, Bow River to the south and Bow River to the west.
School zones may be adjusted by both the public and or catholic school boards, visit the links above to confirm the most current information
Click here for a breakdown of social statistics for this culturally diverse community, including such details as income, age, marital status and population diversity.