St. Andrews Heights is located in Calgary’s northwest, 4 km from downtown. The St. Andrews area was annexed in 1910 but did not develop residentially until the 1950s. Prior to this, the land was a prestigious golf course founded by British immigrants. It was named after the famous St. Andrews golf course in Scotland. The golf course operated from 1912 to 1927, hosting two provincial championships, until it closed as a public course due to financial difficulties. The golf course continued to operate privately until the late 1940s, when the decision was made to begin residential development.
The community is ideally located steps from multiple amenities, Foothills and Alberta Children’s hospitals and only minutes from the downtown core.
Boundaries of the community are 16 Avenue to the north, Crowchild Trail to the east, Toronto Crescent to the south and 29 Street to the west.
School zones may be adjusted by both the public and or catholic school boards, visit the links above to confirm the most current information
Click here for a breakdown of social statistics for this culturally diverse community, including such details as income, age, marital status and population diversity.